Immune System Test in Evergreen
Hello Health and Harmony Family! We are now offering our community the ability to test your immune system. Just like you can test your cardiovascular system the immune system test looks at three key markers to determine if you have a weak or strong immune system.
THE THREE FACTORS IL-6 IL-1B Vitamin D
WHY ARE THESE FACTORS IMPORTANT IN IMMUNE HEALTH
A recent study in the Lancet medical journal evaluated what were the risk factors in Wuhan, China that predicted if a person infected with COVID-19 was able to shed the virus and survive or not. The study was titled, "Clinical course and risk factors for mortality of adult inpatients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China: a retrospective cohort study." We placed a link to it below. Here are some take home point from the study:
- Viral shedding
- For survivors, the median duration of viral shedding was 200 days from illness onset, with the shortest time being 8 days and the longest at 37 days.
- Non-survivors: the virus was continuously detectable until death
- Presence of lymphocytes: Lymphocytes (leukocytes) are an initial line of defense for the immune system, that defend the body against foreign substances such as a virus, bacteria, or parasites. Different lymphocytes are responsible for regulating immune responses and forming anti-bodies against these unwanted invaders.
- For survivors: Baseline lymphocyte count was significantly higher in survivors. This is an indication your immune system is working.
- Non-survivors: Struggle with severe lymphopenia observed until death. This is an ineffective, inefficient immune system.
- Presence of IL-6: Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is produced by various cells and heavily involved in the immune responses. It's activation early on in and infection is critical, but if it remains elevated generates chronic and harmful inflammation.
- IL-6 were clearly elevated in non-survivors compared with survivors throughout the clinical course, and increased with illness deterioration1
- Levels of IL-1β: IL-1β is a pro-inflammatory cytokine, participating in inflammation and immune regulation like IL-6. Similarly, sustained IL-1β regulated inflammation is related to the disease that infects supportive tissue and can lead to tissue damage or induces loss.
- When CoV-19 infects the upper and lower respiratory tract, it can cause the subsequent release of IL-1β and a host of downstream mediators of lung inflammation and fibrosis (Scarred, damaged lung tissue).2 Thus, the lung battle that many suffer severely from or cause them to die from the coronavirus.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO YOU
What this data indicates is that the survivors have a high functioning, efficient immune system. In fact, the virus can be completely shed from the system with anti-bodies in place in as little as a week. On the other hand, if the immune system is allowed to slip, then the battle to survive can be over a month or the infected person may not make it. A weak immune system, high inflammation, low Vitamin D, and subluxation are quite literally co-morbidities and pre-dispose many people to a much tougher time with COVID-19 than others who are continually managing these issues.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO BUILD A TITANUM IMMUNE SYSTEM
Whether you are concerned about viral or bacterial infection, or struggling to fight one off right now, here are important action steps you can take.
- Get tested! You can test IL-6, IL-1β, and Vitamin D levels so you know the course and intensity of action to take. To have the test done please talk to our team at Health and Harmony. You can also have the test drop shipped to your house.
- Get adjusted. The whole process is ultimately managed by the nervous system and many studies support immune initiation immediately following an adjustment and from chiropractic care over time. (Please see 10 IMPORTANT STUDIES ON CHIROPRACTIC
- & Immune Health in Evergreen)
- Raise vitamin D levels to 60+. Immune cells have Vitamin D receptors, requiring vitamin D to regulate among many things the triggering of lymphocytes when you become exposed. (Lymphocyte level was insufficient throughout the entire infection for non-survivors)
- Manage inflammation now! Controlling inflammation levels is always mission-critical in the prevention or management of virtually every condition or disease. I would not want to be in a state of inflammation, with elevated IL-6 or IL-1β before getting an infection and expect that while infected this would somehow come under control. On the contrary, non-survivors who had high levels of these pro-inflammatory markers saw them stay elevated and continue to increase as the patient deteriorated.
- Inflammation is ideally managed through a modified Mediterranean diet and supplementation that supports anti-inflammatory pathways such as omega-3, products containing curcumin, Boswellia (Indian frankincense), CBD, and a strong professional multi-vitamin. Additionally, products with melatonin and adaptogens can help to mitigate the inflammatory effects of stress and sleep deprivation.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU
You can get tested two ways. First, we can do the immune system test in office. Second, you can do the test in the comfort of your own home. You will order the test and have it drop-shipped directly. Once you receive the test follow the directions (finger prick) to complete the test. Mail it back to the lab. We will receive the results and then review them with you via a telehealth appointment. Ready to get started? Please click on these two links to order the tests to your home. You will order both the IL-6 / IL-1B test and the Vit D test
Studies Cited: 1 https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736(20)30566-3.pdf 2 https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/jmv.25770 (We have dozens of citations supporting the impact of Vitamin D, diet, and nutrient levels on immunity and inflammation)
9:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 5:30pm
1:00pm - 5:30pm
9:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 5:30pm
9:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 5:30pm
Health and Harmony
Chiropractic and Wellness Center
1202 Bergen Parkway #102
Evergreen, CO 80439